Life happens and many things can get in the way of doing your best at UF. Balancing school assignments, the academic calendar, and all of the other commitments on your schedule can leave you feeling overloaded and disorganized. You may struggle finding time to do things you need to stay well and feel your best – like eating well, being active, managing stress or getting enough sleep.
GatorWell’s free wellness coaching program for UF students can help if you would like to improve one or more of the following areas:
- Time Management
- Stress Management and Relaxation Strategies
- Study and Test Taking Skills
- Sleep Habits
- Active Living
- Eating Habits
- Social Connection
GatorWell’s certified wellness coaches are professional health educators who will help you set priorities and identify specific changes you want to make to improve your academic performance. Wellness Coaching is not counseling, but your coach will help you create an individualized action plan. During your sessions your coach will help you:
- Identify one or more priority areas that you would like to change.
- Recognize benefits of creating new, positive habits.
- Identify barriers to performing at your best and come up with manageable solutions.
- Create an action plan that incorporates realistic strategies tailored to your busy schedule.
- Successfully implement your plan by providing accountability, problem-solving, skill-building and referral to other campus resources if needed.
Here is what you can expect...
Schedule an appointment: Request an appointment from our website using the button below, call the GatorWell office at 352-273-4450 or by email. We will find a time and place that works well for your schedule!
- Wellness Coaching is available at the GatorWell Main Office.
Initial Visit: The first visit typically lasts about one hour and 30 minutes. You will meet individually with a wellness coach for an active working session to identify your priorities and create a realistic action plan.
Optional Follow-up Visits: You may also schedule follow-up visits. Follow-up visits are typically 60 minute and can be arranged weekly, bi-weekly, or as necessary based on your goals and what is convenient with your schedule.
Other Campus Resources for Academic Success
Wellness coaching does NOT include psychological assessment or counseling, nutrition counseling, exercise prescriptions or fitness testing, tutoring or help on assignments, academic advising, or medical advice. Students can seek help for these at the following places:
- Psychological Assessment or Counseling at the Counseling and Wellness Center
- Nutrition Services at the Student Health Care Center
- Exercise Prescriptions/Fitness Testing at RecSports
- Academic Advising-contact your department for your academic advising location
- Career Counseling at the Career Resource Center or your department's advising office
- David and Wanda Brown Center for Leadership & Service
- Medical assessment for sleep difficulties, fatigue or other medical concerns at the Student Health Care Center