AlcoholEdu for College is an interactive online program that uses the latest evidence-based prevention methods to create a highly engaging learning experience, inspiring students to make healthier decisions related to alcohol and other drugs.
How Do I Take the Course:
To log in, you will use your Gatorlink username and password (this is the same username and password you use to login to ONE.UF).
Having Problems Logging In?
- If you are trying to log in using a phone or iPad, please try logging in using either a laptop or desktop computer.
- Try logging into Canvas. If you can’t do this, the problem may be with your Gatorlink and not with the course. You will need to contact the UF Help Desk at (352) 392-HELP (4357) or email email@example.com.
- If you receive an access denied error you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Gatorlink to to be enrolled in the course.
Who Needs to Take This Course?
All incoming first year students are required to complete the AlcoholEdu course.
How Long Can I Expect the Courses to Take?
AlcoholEdu will take approximately 1 hour to complete.
Will My Answers Be Private?
The AlcoholEdu course includes surveys about your personal health behaviors to help personalize your experience and measure students’ alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. Survey responses are confidential; there is no linkage between the user’s login and the answers they provide within the training course. There will be demographic specific questions asked during the training course. These surveys are optional and not required to complete the course.
What Else Should I Know?
- The training is available only to incoming first year students and will become available to start on June 1.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings, but make sure to click on the “next” button after completing a section before logging out. If you do not progress to the next section first, you will have to repeat the previous section.
- If you experience technical problems, click the “help” button to access the 24/7 help center from Vector Solutions.
What if I Have Questions or Concerns about the Course?
Please contact us at email@example.com for any course related concerns or questions about requirements or verification.
In the email please include your full name, description of the issue or error message, browser name and version, and screenshots if you have them.
If you have a technical issue, use the “help” button to contact Vector Solutions directly, 24 hours a day.