Gooooo Gators! We all want to have a great day on Game Day, and these tips will help you have a fun and FANtastic experience!
- Stay in groups with people you know
- Stay in high-traffic, visible areas
- Be respectful of others, and practice good sportsmanship
- DRINK RESPONSIBLY
Party Safety BasicsParty Positive! It means making decisions around alcohol that maximize positive social outcomes and reduce negative consequences. The best way to do this is to stay in the green zone by keeping your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) below .06. Beyond .06, people are more likely to experience the negative, depressant effects of alcohol and become sloppy - and nobody likes a sloppy Gator!
Tailgate Safety: Take ActionWrite down emergency contact numbers, and keep them on you at all times. If you or anyone else needs immediate assistance, notify the nearest Game Day staff member. You can also text “Gators” along with your issue to 69050. In case of emergency, you may use any blue phone call box around campus. Calls go directly to the UF Campus Police, or dial 352-392-1111. Game Day grub is easy with a little planning. Check out our food and grilling safety tips, but remember:
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day, and if you drink alcohol, rehydrate with water between alcoholic beverages
- If you’re thirsty, it means you are already dehydrated
- Keep recipes simple, and try to incorporate foods that do not spoil quickly with healthy options. These are some fun recipes and game day food prep tips to make your tailgate a fulfilling event:
Party Safety: Take ActionIf you choose to drink, here are some quick tips for keeping your experience positive:
- Track the number of standard drinks you consume.
- Alternate every alcohol drink with water or another non-alcohol beverage.
- Preset your limit before you go out. Stick to it!
- Pace yourself. One drink per hour is a good, general guide.
- Eat something high in protein before you drink. Try to snack throughout, too. – preferably non-salty snacks high in protein.
- Designate a non-drinking driver.
- Know the signs and symptoms of alcohol poisoning
- Have a BAC calculator app at hand, or know the alcohol content in different types of drinks and sizes
- First aid locations in the stadium are:
- South End Zone: 2nd level concourse behind Section 53
- North End Zone: Centrally located on each level
- Skyboxes: South end of Evans Champions Club (5th floor)
- East Stands: Lower concourse between Gates 13 and 14
- West Stands: 2 stations, lower concourse outside Gate 2 and outside Gate 3
- UF Game Day prohibited items and behaviors
- UF Game Day FAQ
- Laws on and off campus
- Parking and transportation tips
Party Safety Resources
- Nervous about an upcoming party? See our party goers tips covering etiquette and drinking. Our party safety tips cover what to do when you’re at the party and how to be aware. We also have some tips for hosts and hostesses.
- If you choose to drink while you party, learn how to party safely with this quick video from GatorWell and Off Campus Life!