Being well is an important part of doing well. Check out the following campus resources that can help you stay healthy and well during your time at UF.
GatorWell offers health promotion services and resources addressing wellness topics relevant to the college student experience, such as:
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use
- Healthy eating, body image, and active living
- Interpersonal violence
- Sexual health
- Stress, time, and sleep management
GatorWell also offers Wellness Coaching for Academic Success where you can work with a wellness coach to improve your overall health and wellness.
Make an appointment for HIV Counseling and Testing...know your status!
The Counseling and Wellness Center provides:
- Crisis intervention
to currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students and their spouses/partners.
The CWC’s programs and services are designed to help students develop the personal awareness and skills necessary to take advantage of the educational opportunities at the University of Florida.
Get moving! Staying physically active will:
- boost your energy and mood
- help with your memory and focus
- grow your brain!
Whether you are interested in team sports, group exercise, rock climbing, strength and conditioning, waterskiing or martial arts, RecSports has something for everyone.
The Student Health Care Center (SHCC) is an accredited outpatient clinic staffed by licensed, board-certified medical providers.
Things to know about the SHCC:
- It’s appointment-based with the exception of care for urgent illnesses or injury during normal business hours
- Phone ahead for regular appointments to obtain the best time slot to fit your busy schedule.
- Services provided include: general medical care/ primary care, allergy and flu shots, travel counseling/ immunizations, women’s health, nutrition, sexual health, dermatology, and more!
Gator Dining Services, is the official food service provider of the University of Florida. Dining Services believes that good nutrition is essential to good health.
Tools offered through Gator Dining to assist you in fueling your body with a healthy diet:
- Vegetarian/vegan items offered every day at all locations.
- Assistance from a registered dietician. If you have special dietary needs/concerns, contact them and they will get you in touch with Student Health Care Services or a nutritionist.
- For quick reference and education on healthy eating they have the nutritional web site.
U Matter, We Care is an umbrella for care-related programs and resources for students and employees. UMatter, We Care provides a:
- program to train people to recognize the signs of distress and to provide help.
- website of care-related resources
- centralized phone number (294-CARE) and email address for those seeking help or wanting to help others.
UMatter, We Care is located in Peabody Hall on the 3rd floor.