What students are saying about the Wellness Coaching program:
"It was a great experience, and very tailored to me. I really liked that it was one-on-one, and my wellness coach checked up on me to find out how I was doing."
- Cathleen, Senior,
Health Education and Behavior
Life happens and many things can get in the way of doing your best at UF. Balancing school assignments, the academic calendar, and all of the other commitments on your schedule can leave you feeling overloaded and disorganized. You may struggle finding time to do things you need to stay well and feel your best - like eating well, being active, managing stress or getting enough sleep.
GatorWell’s free wellness coaching program for UF students can help if you are feeling dissatisfied with one or more of the following areas:
- Stress management and relaxation strategies
- Time management and organization
- Sleep habits
- Eating habits and exercise
- Study skills
What is wellness coaching?
Wellness coaches are professional health educators who will help you set priorities and identify specific changes you want to make in the next 4 to 8 weeks to improve your academic performance. During your sessions your coach will help you:
- Identify one or more priority areas that you would like to change.
- Recognize benefits of creating new, positive habits.
- Identify barriers to performing at your best and come up with manageable solutions.
- Create an action plan that incorporates realistic strategies tailored to your busy schedule.
- Successfully implement your plan by providing accountability, problem-solving, skill-building and referral to other campus resources if needed.
What does the process involve?
1. Schedule an appointment: Call the GatorWell office at 352-273-4450 or email email@example.com for more information or to schedule an initial appointment
(must be a currently enrolled UF student).
Wellness Coaching is available at all three GatorWell locations (Main office, Jennings, and Springs). When you call to make an appointment, please indicate which location you would prefer. If you have been referred to Wellness Coaching as part of your academic probation process, please contact Jane Emmeree directly at 352-273-4456.
2. Initial Visit: The first visit typically lasts about 45 minutes to one hour. You will meet individually with a wellness coach for an active working session to identify your priorities and create a realistic action plan.
3. Optional Follow-up Visits: You may also choose to schedule up to four 30-45 minute follow-up visits. Follow-up visits can be arranged weekly, bi-weekly, or as necessary based on your goals and what is convenient with your schedule.
Other ResourcesWellness coaching does NOT include psychological assessment or counseling, nutrition counseling, exercise prescriptions or fitness testing, tutoring or help on assignments, academic advising, or medical advice. Students can seek help for these at the following places: