If you are a journalism student who wishes to speak to a GatorWell staff member, call (352)273-4450, or fill out this form.
to request an interview. We recommend that interviews be scheduled at least 2 or more days before story is due. All other media call (352)273-4450 to make arrangements.
A 15-minute appointment will be scheduled with a health promotion professional who will be happy to answer your questions. Our topic areas include: alcohol, tobacco, eating disorders, drug usage, nutrition, sexual health, sleep, and stress and time management. Other topics are addressed on a case by case basis.
- To ensure that we are well prepared for the interview, we request as much lead time as possible. Therefore, we may not be able to schedule the interview for the same day.
- Please explain what the story is about and/or the topic of the article when you call. This information is essential so that you will be scheduled with the proper person.
- You must email your interview questions to the provider as soon as you have the date for the interview. (When you schedule your interview, we will provide you with the email.) Be sure to select the most important questions for the interview as the providers will answer up to 5 questions. Providers will only see you if they have these questions beforehand.
- We recommend checking in at least 5 minutes before the time your interview is scheduled or call in advance if you need to cancel the appointment.
- Due to limited staff availability, missed appointments can only be re-scheduled once.